The pandemic that is Covid19 has claimed many lives both directly and indirectly related to it and our members are at the forefront of supporting patients, clients and their families who are impacted by it.
This can be extremely stressful and challenging for our members and will inevitably have an impact on their own well being.
We have secured funding through Scottish Union Learning to run some Free workshops for our members that will help them understand the grief/bereavement journey for people and help them process their own feelings.
The workshops will be provided by Cruse Bereavement Care Scotland who are the specialist Charity organisation in Scotland supporting people through Bereavement .
Through participation over a 2.5 hr video link session , participants will be able to learn about supporting grief in context of Covid 19 and engage in discussion and reflections on supporting well being in Grief
Learning Outcomes: participants will:
• Have an understanding of loss through death and some of the processes and patterns of grief that are commonly expressed in the early stages of grief
• Have an understanding of the impact of Covid 19 on our grief rituals, communication and expression of grief.
• Have an understanding of end of life experience and its effects on our grief experience
• Have an understanding of impact of grief on communication and identify compassionate responses for the bereaved.
• Have an understanding of attending to our own wellbeing whilst continuing supporting
The workshops are scheduled as follows;
Tuesday 23rd June 10 am to 12.30 pm
Wednesday 24th June 1.30 pm to 4 pm
Thursday 25th June 4 pm to 6.30 pm
The sessions will be accessible through phone , tablet , i-pad , laptop and desktop computer all members and activists are free to apply but if the courses are oversubscribed priority will be given to care staff , health staff and activists..
To sign up please complete the attached form and when returning it advise which workshop you would like to attend .
Forms should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Open University has organised a ‘Coding Skills’ course fully funded by the Scottish Funding Council, which is due to start on Thursday, 18 June 2020. However, places are limited.
This may be of use to workers that are interested in developing computer programming skills.
Further information, entry requirements and the application process can be found at this link:
Please circulate widely to members and activists Applicants should indicate if they have been made aware and encouraged to register by their trade union.
We would be grateful if successful applicants can confirm with us they have a place.